Call for price
NI partnered with Pitsco Education to offer a robotics kit that students can use to apply engineering concepts they learn in the classroom to real controls and robotics systems. Combining myRIO hardware with LabVIEW software, the Pitsco TETRIX building system, sensors, and actuators gives students all the building blocks they need to create and automate model assemblies as well as their own designs.
What Is the Pitsco TETRIX PRIME for myRIO?
The Pitsco TETRIX PRIME for myRIO is a kit that introduces students to hands-on engineering in controls and robotics. Students use it to learn and apply skills in mechanical design, graphical programming, and controls theory so that they can design, prototype, and automate their own assemblies.
The kit includes:
- Builder’s guide with step-by-step instructions for getting started and building three model assemblies
- Over 300 mechanical components for building assemblies
- Motor board to connect all included sensors and actuators with ease
- 10-cell AA NiMH Battery Pack
- Battery charger
- Sensors and actuators: two standard servos, two DC motors, ambient light sensor, gyro sensor, IR rangefinder
(myRIO is sold separately)
What Can Students Build?
Students start with step-by-step instructions for building and automating three model assemblies. They use Pitsco TETRIX parts to build the physical assembly, connect sensors and actuators to myRIO, and program in LabVIEW. After completing all the steps to implement basic functionality, students can use the skills they’ve learned to develop additional functionality for the existing assemblies and create designs of their own.
Rover Vehicle Assembly
Balancing Arm Assembly
Self-Balancing Robot Assembly