Through these labs, students will learn to:
- Describe the process by which rotary position is measured using encoders.
- Describe the form and function of PWM signals and how these signals are used to drive DC motors.
- Explain the relation between joint-space and task-space manipulator control.
- Apply kinematic equations to convert between joint and task-space.
- Design a PID joint controller using manual tuning that meets design requirements.
- Select appropriate thresholds for isolating specific image information.
- Describe the process and function of blob detection algorithms.
- Explain the process and application of pattern matching algorithms.
- Construct a state machine.
- Apply image processing, manipulator control, and state machine logic to complete a mechatronic task.
|Style||Laboratory, Project Based Learning|
INCLUDED COURSE LABS
Interfacing with Motors