Data Acquisition Using NI-DAQmx and LabVIEW
In this class you will explore the fundamentals of data acquisition using sensors, NI data acquisition hardware, and LabVIEW. The first part of this class teaches the basics of hardware selection, including resolution and sample rate, and the foundation of sensor connectivity, including grounding and wiring configurations. The second part of this class focuses on using the NI-DAQmx driver to measure, generate, and synchronize data acquisition tasks. You will learn about programming finite and continuous acquisitions, as well as best practices in hardware/software timing, triggering, and logging. In this class, you will get hands-on experience configuring and programming NI data acquisition hardware using NI-DAQmx and LabVIEW.
- Developers using LabVIEW with NI data acquisition hardware to create data acquisition applications
- Users familiar with the DAQ assistant or basic NI-DAQmx code that want to expand their programming capabilities
- Users new to PC-based data acquisition and signal conditioning
- Develop integrated, high-performance data acquisition systems that produce accurate measurements
- Acquire data from sensors, such as thermocouples and strain gages, using NI DAQ hardware
- Apply advanced understanding of LabVIEW and the NI-DAQmx API to create applications